How to Upgrade
1. Check which AccountEdge product you currently use: AccountEdge, AccountEdge Plus, or AccountEdge Plus NE.
2. Check the System Requirements. macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) to 10.14 (Mojave) is required.
Note: AccountEdge 2020 will not operate on macOS 10.15 Catalina
3. Follow the relevant upgrade guide and video for:
4. When prompted in the guide, download your AccountEdge 2020 product:
Are you using Payroll?
• You must upgrade to AccountEdge Plus 2020 in order to process payrolls from 6 April 2020.
• Please see the End of Year Payroll Guide for full details.
Assisting Your Business Through COVID-19
We hope that you, your colleagues and families are keeping safe and well during the COVID-19 pandemic. We here at Visma are open as normal working remotely from home, just as many of you will be doing.
We are here to assist in any way we can during this unprecedented situation:
- Additional AccountEdge licenses to work from home:
If you, a member of your team, or your accountant or bookkeeper require an extra additional licence to work from home during this crisis, we would be happy to assist free of charge. Please contact us if this would help you.
- Transferring license between computers:
You may find it useful to transfer your AccountEdge license to another Mac computer. Click here for more information about transferring licenses between computers.
- Paying & Reclaiming SSP for COVID-19 absences
If you use the AccountEdge Plus payroll feature to pay your employees, you can learn how to pay Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) and reclaim related COVID-19 payments by clicking here.
- Paying Furloughed Employees during COVID-19
If you use the AccountEdge Payroll feature, you can learn how to make payments to furloughed employees by clicking here.
- GOV.UK: COVID-19 Guidance for employees, employers and businesses
UK government advice for employees, employers and businesses can be found by clicking here.
What's new in 2020
AccountEdge 2020 comes packed with new features and updates including:
Audit Trail Enhancements
Create reportable audit trail entries for all new transactions as they are entered, including which User created the transaction. Audit trail also now tracks when accounts and transactions are reconciled/unreconciled and edited.
Set default forms per sale / purchase type, add 'Past Due' stamp on forms, and additional shipping fields on forms.
Faster Loading of Find Transactions and Items Register
The Find Transactions and Items Register windows should now load up to twice as fast as earlier versions.
New Customer and Supplier Payment Details Reports
Easily trace payments with the new Customer and Supplier Payment Detail reports, which list each payment in a selected date range and to which sales / purchases the payment was applied.
Mass emailing of Customer Statements is now available from AccountEdge Connect.
Detailed information about all AccountEdge 2020 New Features
A detailed description of all AccountEdge 2020's new features can be found by clicking here.