Password Protection & User IDs
Article ID: 2025230 Last Updated: 14 May 2018
The Administrator user ID
When you created your company file, a User ID called Administrator was automatically created. Every company file has an Administrator user ID.
A User ID is the means for:
- Controlling access to a company file
- Tracking transaction record history
- Saving individual preferences
Setting the Administrator password
- Start AccountEdge and open your company file.
- At the top of your screen go to Setup> Preferences> Security and click the User IDs button at the bottom of the window.
- Double-click the Administrator user ID.
- If no password was previously set, leave the Existing Password empty and enter New Password and Confirm Password.
- When you are happy with your password, click Record.
Additional User IDs and Access Restrictions
If you want to restrict other users from accessing certain features or information, you can create additional user IDs and specify their access restrictions. For more information, see Managing user accounts.