How do I set up a document template?
article ID: 2022081
Templates are used to make the job easier for documents that are supposed to have the same appearance. With the help of the template you can format the document once only, and ask the program to use this format for later use. It is also possible to enter in codes in the templates if you wish to have a special function when the document is established (merge fields). For example, to move in information about the receivers name and address.
How to create a new Template
1. Click View - Document - Document Templates.
2. Click New to create a new document.
3. From the drop-down menu, choose the program that you wish to create the template in. You have the choice between Word, Excel, and Power Point.
4. Give the template a Template name and a Description. Select whether the merging criteria should be contact or employee and select the appropriate addresses in Address line 1 and Address line 2. Then click OK.
5. Microsoft word (or whichever program that you have selected) will open and you will be able to create the template.
6. You have the possibility to add information about the contact. To be able to do this, you have to activate the tool bar for Merge fields. In order to do this you must go to the merge field tool bar and click insert Merge field. You will then get a new window that lists the merge fields that you can insert into the template.
7. When you are finished, close the word document and answer Yes when prompted to save.
You will now see that the template has been saved in the list along with the other templates.
Query words: document, template, document template