How do I move the document area?
article ID: 2023471
The document area is the location where documents, pictures, reports and other files are stored. We advise that you store this on the following location:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\PublicMamut\Mamut\Data\System0001
Vista: C:\Users\Public\Public Mamut\Mamut\Data\System0001
(Whether this is System0001, System0002 etc., depends on the amount of SQL databases that have been created. In this article we will work with System0001)
How to change the document area
1. Open Windows Explorer and browse to the location where you want to direct the document area to. If there are multiple users that need to have access to the document area, the folders need to be shared. You can read more about this here.
2. Copy the document area to the new location. It is very important that you copy this and do not move it. It is the folder System0001, with all folders below that you need to copy. You will find the current document area via View – Settings – Other settings – Other programs.
3. Write down the new path. If you have multiple users, it is very important that you use a network path, such as:
4. In your Mamut program, go to View – Settings – Other settings – Other programs. Click on Edit in the field for the Document area, and write down the path. Then click Edit. If you get an error message, the given path is not valid, or the folder is not shared in the network.
5. Now you can remove the old document area. It is important that you only remove the folder System0001.
If you have a multi-user installation and you move the database to a new server, it is important that you manually move the document area after the backup has been restored. If you don’t do this and you wish to have a local path to the document area, the work stations will not be able to connect to the database.
Query words: documentarea, move database, document, area