How do I enter a purchase credit note in journal entry?
article ID: 2024568
In order to create a purchase credit note through Journal Entry, please proceed as follows:
1. Go to View - Accounting - Journal Entry.
2. Click on the Purchase credit note (shift+ctrl+F2) journal template button.
3. Select the appropriate Supplier and then click OK.
4. Tick off the existing Invoice that you would like to credit. If no Invoices exist, then click on the New icon.
5. If you had to click the New icon, then enter information in the appropriate fields and then click OK. Please note that you must enter something in the Invoice no. field. You can enter text in this field as a reference if you wish.
6. Select the appropriate N/C from the drop-down menu.
7. Enter the amount of the credit in the Cur. Total column.
8. Click OK.
9. The journal entry now appears in the active journal window.
10. Click the Financials button (Ctrl+H) to update this journal to the ledger.
Please contact the Mamut Support Centre if you have any further questions about this process.
Query words: Purchase credit note, purchase credit, supplier credit, supplier credit note, journal entry