Printing Blocks & Squares Instead of Text
ArticleID: 2025209 Last updated: 29 June 2018
After upgrading to Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later, some customers have reported that AccountEdge prints block characters instead of text.
This problem is usually related to an issue with the Palatino font, whereby the Mac OS has created a second copy.
There are two solutions to this issue:
1. Set the Default Report Font to the New Standard (Recommended)
We recommend that you set your default font to Arial, which is the new standard font for all AccountEdge reports.
For simple steps to set the default font, please click here.
2. Correct the Mac OS duplicate font issue
1. Click an empty space on your Desktop so that Finder appears in the top left corner of your screen.
2. At the top of your screen click Go> Applications.
3. In the Applications folder, locate and double-click Font Book.
4. Scroll down through the fonts until you get to Palatino.
5. Click the drop down arrow next to it.
6. Notice that you will have multiple copies of the font - click the one with the yellow exclaimation point.
7. Click Resolve Automatically.
This should resolve the printing problem.